Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dryer Stop working and not powering back up

Hello,
    My GE Profile dryer powered off midway while drying some sheets and will not power back on. It smells like something may have burned out, I smell a faint burning scent behind it. Is there a part that I can purchase to replace so that it can power back on and start working again?
    Thank you in advance for your help

Investigation needed

GE Profile dryer
    I'm afraid that is not enough information to identify the appliance in question. What is needed is its complete model number:

Forum Notice LINK > Please include Make and Model # in post

dryer powered off
    What do you mean by "powered off" exactly? It just stopped tumbling or timer movement and all lights, etc. ceased as well??

I smell a faint burning scent behind it.
    Someone might want to try to trace the actual origin. That could very well be the cause of your troubles.

Is there a part that I can replace so that it can power back on and start working again?
    What might be responsible is impossible to say without actual investigation. Sorry.

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

GE Profile Dryer

Thank you for your reply,

It just stopped working in the middle of a cycle and will not turn back on. The light inside does not come on with the door open like it usually does. The model number is DPGT750EC2PL. I'm guessing something with the power unit burned out, I wanted to find out if there was a replacement part that may have gone bad that I can purchase.

Thank you,

Comment

Nothing on dryer working?

will not turn back on. The light inside does not come on with the door open like it usually does.
        Than someone should check the power supply to the appliance. One of the house fuse/breakers for the dryer outlet may have failed.

If there's definitely 120 and 240 volts at the dryer's outlet than looking into the connection where the cord connects to the dryer's wiring might be next. After than possibly looking into the functioning of the door switch.

There isn't usually any other part in the dryer that would stop ALL component of it from functioning but someone would need to check the appliance's wiring diagram to be sure. I don't have access to that information.

I wanted to find out if there was a replacement part that may have gone bad that I can purchase.
        I realize that but that can only be determined through actual investigation. Someone with access to the appliance will have to do that.

JMO

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
        X
        =