X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Range Emits Gas Only When On

Premier Range
    Model #GCK100OP01

When the oven is turned on the kitchen fills with a strong gas smell. Gas company came to check for leaks but there were none. Gas guy said if he was going to fix it, he would be looking to replace the converter...I'm not positive that's what he called it. He explained that something is closing slowly instead of snapping closed. Does anyone know what may be wrong or what it is he was talking about?

Thanks for your help.

Gas appliance service technician recommended

Gas company came to check for leaks but there were none.
    I would suggest you call a *licensed* gas appliance service technician to look into problems with a range, not the gas co. (which deals mainly with the house pipes, supply line, meter, etc.).

LINK > Premier Authorized Service Centers

Gas guy said if he was going to fix it, he would be looking to replace the converter.
    There is no such thing on a gas range (not to do with the gas anyway).

He explained that something is closing slowly instead of snapping closed.
    The oven safety valve or thermostat would be the only possibilities of components he might be referring to but I don't suggest you just start replacing parts on a whim. There is also the possibility of a problem with the pilot, burner or gas tubing which might be responsible.

It really should be checked out by someone familiar with the actual appliance's construction and operation.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
    X
    =