Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fridge leaking

Hi
    I had compressor replaced to my fridge about two months back .
    I have noticed (only a few days ago) water on the floor on the back side of the fridge. I have also noticed two things: when the compressor is on, one of the back copper pipe is frozen, and on the left outside wall of the fridge there is a colder spot (about 10 cm in diameter) on which condense is formed.
    Last edited by Dan O.; 05-25-2010, 01:08 PM. Reason: corrected message title

Call the repair man or woman back, it sounds like the unit is low on freon or overcharged and the water is coming from the frost that is forming on the evaporator coils or supply lines
    Last edited by jnaas2; 05-24-2010, 10:49 PM. Reason: wrong coils listed

Comment

Thanks,
      But what may happen in either cases?

Comment

In both cases it will lead to premature compressor failure, and the icebox will not cool properly

Comment

thank you very much. it's been very useful your advice

Comment

Call for service!

sounds like the unit is low on freon or overcharged
            It would either be overcharged or the heat exchanger could have separated. Undercharge should not cause frosting of the heat exchanger on the back of the fridge.

the water is coming from the frost that is forming on the evaporator coils or supply lines
            It would be from frost on the heat exchanger/suction line. Frost on the evaporator would be contained inside the cabinet.

Call the repair man or woman back
            I agree! ... and don't put it off as an overcharged system could lead to compressor damage ($$$+)!

JMO

Dan O.
            www.Appliance411.com
            The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
            X
            =