Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whirlpool Dryer Slow to dry

Just purchased a new whirlpool dryer ( I THINK but not 100% sure without being at home to check that its a 4.0 cu ft). My wife is telling me that its taking forever to dry clothes and that she has to run one load 2 or 3 times for each load and that when its done they arent hot like they've been in the dryer. I had her check the lint trap, theres nothing covering it... and since it hasnt been used until today theres also no lint on it. Im not sure if its possibly a duct issue... the dryer is a front load stackable that we've placed in a deep pantry closet on top of the washer. the duct work comes out of the dryer back and drops down where it makes a 40ish bend to go through a wall then 90's down to vent under the house. Its fairly short run and I havent had a chance yet to get under the house and see if I can feel the exhaust head coming out. Any ideas on what I can do or check to fix this problem?

I have seen a lint build up in the whole length of the flexible duct. is this electric or gas? there are high temperature limit switches in the blower output duct work that are connected to the dryer elements. If these open then the heat output may be seriously curtailed and you may be operating on one half element.

Comment

Dryer ducting

whirlpool dryer (I THINK but not 100% sure)
      That would ne important to know as well as its exact model number as the forum instructions requested be supplied:

Forum Instructions LINK > Please include Make and Model # in post

its taking forever to dry clothes and that she has to run one load 2 or 3 times for each load... Im not sure if its possibly a duct issue
      That could definitely be a possibility (see the following link).

LINK > How long can my dryer vent be?

the duct work comes out of the dryer back and drops down where it makes a 40ish bend to go through a wall then 90's down to vent under the house. Its fairly short run
      The number of elbows as well as the type of ducting material used all play a part in how long the venting can be to allow the dryer to dry properly (see the link above).

Any ideas on what I can do or check to fix this problem?
      The venting would be first. If it definitely isn't the cause than since its "new" you should call for warranty service.

JMO

Dan O.
      www.Appliance411.com
      The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Just as an update - I fixed my problem. I did a little more research and found that dryers run on two breakers. I checked the hot's at the back of my dryer and found that it was only pulling 115v. Upon checking my breakers they were pulling 230v. Figured since the breakers were right and the dryer wasnt then my problem had to be somewhere in between. I pulled out my outlet and found that one of my hots was disconnected. Fixed it right up and the dryer works like a charm now!

Comment

Working...
        X
        =