Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control Panel Reset - MER6872BAS

I have a Maytag Gemini double oven that I took hot, soapy water to the control panel the other day. The gunk is gone, but now it is delivering an error message of F1-8 (shorted) and even after more than a week of sitting unplugged, it hasn't decided that it's not...

The stove still works, so we flip the breaker when needed, but I am hoping that whatever got wet is dry and that we can reset the panel to see.

Question: Is there a way to reset the panel to retest for a short?
    Question: Is there a physical method to dry the areas that could account for the short?

Thank you in advance.
    Walt

you should have used a fast drying solvent cleaner, followed with dry compressed air. gumout is a degreaser and evaporates quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
      you should have used a fast drying solvent cleaner, followed with dry compressed air. gumout is a degreaser and evaporates quickly.
      Excellent advice for those are wanting to clean plastic bordered by stainless steel, wish I had ignored my initial fear that a solvent would have been worse than water and researched best methods first. I hope others stumble upon this before they have to also ask my original question.

Thank you for the response HayZee!

Comment

Still looking for instructions on clearing fault codes

I didn't want this to get lost in the thread since HayZee wasn't helpful with the current problem.. if anyone actually knows anything about clearing the fault codes or resetting the control panel, your input would be very helpful at the moment.

Comment

Still looking for instructions on clearing fault codes
          Most times fault codes don't need to be "cleared". Once disconnected from power the control will usually reset. If the error message persists, the fault is likely still present.

JMO

Dan O.
          www.Appliance411.com
          The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
          X
          =