Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whirlpool Duet Electric Dryer E2 error

Lately when we try to start our dryer, it will run for a short time then stop, displaying an E2 code. It's a Whirlpool Duet Electric, Model#GEW9200LW1. I did a search on the net and the common response was a bad thermistor. So I take the front panel off, and the duct assembly, to expose the thermistor. I took it out and tested the continuity of it. There was none. I checked the resistance of it, and I get around 10k ohms, which is normal for room temperature from what I've read. So, my question is this, according to the error code list:

E1 is an open circuit in the thermistor
    E2 is a shorted circuit in the thermistor

My continuity test says it open, yet I get an E2 error? I'm half tempted to just go buy a new thermistor for 25 bucks, but if that's not the problem that's money down the drain. Any ideas what else it could be? I was thinking at first maybe the dryer displayed the wrong error code, who knows...

Thanks in advance!

My continuity test says it open
    Yet you also said "I checked the resistance of it, and I get around 10k ohms". 'Open' means infinite resistance, having 'continuity' means having some resistance. So your continuity tester is apparently not sensitive enough to measure it properly.

I get around 10k ohms, which is normal for room temperature from what I've read.
    Those thermistors can be finicky and only act up while under the stresses of use. Just the act of removing it could have altered its readings... temporarily.

Any ideas what else it could be?
    A problem in the wiring to the thermistor or in the electronic control itself could each cause that error code to display as well.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~
    Last edited by Dan O.; 08-20-2010, 04:12 PM.

Comment

I wasn't convinced that the part itself was bad, so I just put it back in, and put the machine cover back together. It's ran 2 cycles so far with no errors, hopefully it stays that way!

Comment

Working...
      X
      =