Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get my Front Load Washer to stop vibrating

Let me start off by saying I DO have an uneven concrete floor in my basement. Have replaced the feet from the original set that came direct from Manufacturer. No matter how many times I would re-adjust the nuts on the legs they would always find a way to shake loose. Without having to take on the possibility of moving half of my basement and paying someone to come in a level the ground, does anyone have some recommendations for me to try? Maybe an anti-vibration attachment?

I understand your frustration with the uneven basement floor and the difficulty in keeping your washer stable. Here are some suggestions that might help without requiring you to level the entire basement floor:

1. Anti-vibration pads: These rubber or foam pads can be placed under the washer's feet to absorb vibrations and help compensate for minor unevenness. They're inexpensive and easy to install.

2. Threaded leveling mounts: These replace the standard feet and offer more precise adjustment. They often have a wider base for better stability.

3. Locking nuts: If you haven't tried these already, add locking nuts to the existing adjustable feet. Tighten these against the adjustment nuts to prevent them from loosening due to vibration.

4. Plywood base: Create a level surface by placing a thick piece of plywood under the entire washer. Use shims to level the plywood first, then place the washer on top.

5. Self-leveling compound: For a more permanent solution, you could apply a self-leveling compound to the specific area under the washer. This wouldn't require leveling the entire basement.

6. Vibration isolation platform: These are specially designed platforms that sit under your washer to absorb vibrations and provide a level surface.

7. Heavy-duty rubber feet: Replace the existing feet with larger, heavy-duty rubber feet that can better absorb vibrations and adapt to uneven surfaces.

8. Washer stabilizer: This is a metal frame that fits under the washer and can be adjusted to provide a level surface.

Before trying any of these solutions, make sure your washer is properly balanced internally. An unbalanced drum can cause excessive vibration regardless of how level the floor is.

Would you like me to elaborate on any of these options or discuss how to implement them?​

Comment

Working...
    X
    =