Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mystery Solved! First of all I want to thank you for all your help.We had a couple of problems. At first I thought we had a bad motor. We didn't seem to be getting any power to it yet the readings were all good. I decided to run to Sears and get a thermosistor just in case. (The white one on the blower motor.) After putting it in the start button started working. Then I was going to put the old motor back in to see if it would work when I noticed that one of the blue wires was plugged into 6 instead of 4. On the old motor, there was an over load switch. On the new motor the overload switch is built in.
    It was the blue wire that went from the overload on the side of the motor switch to the front left hand side. The harness plugged into the right hand side. I changed the blue wire and the motor spun like a top.

quote:Originally posted by FreeApplianceRepair

Do you have a fuse box or breaker box for the house?

If a fuse box and you don't have a meter to check the voltage you could alway's just change the fuses (there's two for a dryer) and give it a try.

I once had a service call were the lady said she had a electrician check the power to the dryer and it was fine.

She was 75 miles away. I get there to find a bad fuse in the fuse box.
    Between paying the electrician that did not know what he was doing and paying me she could have saved a lot of money by just replacing both fuses and trying the dryer again.

May not be your problem, but the only way to know for sure is to check it with a meter or if you have a fuse box for the house replace both fuses.

Let us know what you find.

John@FreeApplianceRepair.com
    [/quote]

Comment

Glad to hear you got it going, Good Job!

www.FreeApplianceRepair.com

Comment

Working...
      X
      =