Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim for oven

We need a new oven. The new oven is one inch taller (above the countertop) than the old. The sides of the oven are unfinished (meant to be hidden inside the cabinet. So. . . .
    What material can be used as trim to permanently affix to the countertop that will have heat tolerance next to the stove and be cleanable as I am sure some spills will occur over time. New stove is 36 inches tall, countertop is 35 inches tall off floor.

The countertop is laminate (formica?).

Thanks in advance.

Clarification needed

We need a new oven. The new oven is one inch taller (above the countertop) than the old.
    Can you not find a shorter model?

New stove is 36 inches tall,
    Is the appliance in question a "range" (oven and cooktop together in one appliance) or a separate built in "oven"?? Your statements are confusing.

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Yes a Range

Yes - it is a "slide in" range, combined stove-top and oven.

Because the predecessor was a Jenn-Air, I need a down-draft model to accomodate the hole in the floor and the venting -- I have no space for an above range hood.

No, I can't seem to find a shorter model. They all seem to be 36 inches tall. My floor is 1 inch too high because the previous owners added a finished wood floor over original linoleum. So I guess I am trimming the finished wood floor to drop the appliance in place.

Comment

it is a "slide in" range... I need a down-draft model
        That will limit your choices greatly. I don't know of a model that fits the bill, sorry. Can the original range not be repaired?

I also don't know what you can use hide the visible sides. Maybe ask in the Cabinets and Shelving forum?

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
        X
        =