Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VCR- TV chanelling

How do we programme our VCR to tape a channel while we are watching a different channel at the same time.?
    Is this possible with standard material or do we need some kind of "channel separation" device.?
    The present hook-up is a; dish,receiver, vcr, and tv.
    Any replys would be appreciated.,thanks.

No it is not possible if you have only one LNB (low noise blocker) and receiver.
    You can only watch and tape the same channel.......Or tape and watch the same channel. I think I just repeated myself. Sorry.[:I]

Vinyl and Laserdisc Fan
    Vinyl and Laserdisc Fan

Comment

Xy scaling; thanks for your reply.
      What would it take in order to do this? Would we need another receiver.? or...?

Comment

You would need a dual lnb. lnb is a low noise broadband amplifier. atached to this you would need another receiver. output from this would go to your vcr and then to another monitor or picture in picture if your present tv has this function.

Comment

thanks for the reply, hayzee.... if i'm going to require another receiver, an Lnb, etc,then I think that I'm going to just forget about this $$$ stupid idea for now. (unless I win the lotto,

Now I know why my wife calls me "el cheapo"

All of sudden watching and taping the same show really appeals to me [^]

Comment

Upgrade to DISH 500 - that's what I got. Two receivers, one UHF the other Line of sight. Although I got two tv's connected, running one or the other through a vcr is possible.

Comment

After 'issues' with Dish we moved to Direct TV. Got 3 units (free) inluding the necessary wiring (free). The two additional units run an added 5 bucks each a month.

Comment

Thanks, guys....i'll check into these ideas.

Comment

just a thought

you may want to look into a satt box with a dvr inside it this will record while you watch another channel. it will be a upgrade to the old receiver but it maybe a option for you,,,,,,

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  =