Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satellite DVR Hookup

I just replaced my two hd satellite receivers with two hd dvr receivers. In order to record two things at once, or record one program while watching another, two inputs are required.

Can someone explain to me what needs to be different about these two inputs? I had my house professionally wired, which means I didn't do it and don't understand it.

I have attached some pictures to help you understand my wiring.

I believe the wiring from the satellite itself comes into these two boxes:

Then this box is connected to the following:

And finally to this box:

Which connects directly to the back of the dvr receiver.

What am I missing? Thanks!
    Try

how about compatibility between the two lnb's? there's a dc voltage fed up the coax to the low noise broadband amplifiers at the dish and an rf signal that comes back down the same coax, each to its own receiver at a different frequency. The local oscillator frequency is constant for both signals - 10.7 for fm transmission.

Comment

depends on the DVR , i just installed one that works 2 tv's.. had to set the 2nd tv to a different channel 72 and 3 on the 1st ??
      Is it beer thirty??

Comment

yeah, I even had the installer come back and he couldn't figure it out either. There are four wires from the satellite, and from what I understand the two wires to the back of the dvr have to be different in some way from the satellite. Most of the pictures I added in my earlier post are irrelevant, except the 5x8 splitter, which may be causing the problem. I don't know if I need two of these, or what, but I suspect that is where my problem lies.

It isn't in the output, I only have one tv hooked to it. I have a hr20 I think, for model number.

Compatibility shouldn't be an issue either, at least according to DirecTV.

I'll post model numbers in a little while, maybe that will help.

thanks for your replies!!
        Try

Comment

anything having to do with EACH downfeed from the lnb should be addressed by itself. A dual lnb has two cables to two receivers or one with a dual input AND two outputs to the receivers. Any splitters for that line is just for one cable - not two. Splitters normally have one line in terminal with 2 to 6 outputs. The non used outlets should be terminated by a resistive plug. The receiver is always looking for a 75 ohm termination - adding more tv's decreases this 75 ohm load. Formula is total resistance is the sum of the reciprocals or Rt = 1/R1 + 1/R2 + 1/R3 etc. Resistance in parallel.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =