Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drum machine

I have a yamaha dd55 drum machine where the foot pedal switch jack does not work. The jack I think is just like a 1/4'' mono jack and the foot pedal completes the circuit. I have disassembled and tried shorting out the connentions on circuit board with poor results. The strange thing is that it worked a couple times while i was tripping the foot pedal and shorting out diff. connections close to 1/4'' pedal jack on circuit board. Does anyone have any idea what would cause the switch to trip at seemingly at random. It seems that a blown component would not fix itself. perhaps a short, or a bad connection, not sure what to do next.

I would need to see a schematic diagram of the drum and foot pedal. Although I have never worked on one, it givers me ideas of what to look for. Yeah, a component just doesn't fix itself it just goes. However a solid state switch, a triac or gated scr would either stay on or stay off depending if its gated on or off. It is possible for the pedal to be DC controlled and have an out going frequency riding on the same cable back to the unit. capacitors block dc and pass ac.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =