Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCA stereo

I have an RCA home stereo model # RT2250, I cant hear anything through the speakers anymore. I might have pushed a button on the front that turns them off but I dont know what. I also could never listen to surround sound, and I connected all four bookshelf speakers into the two main speaker connections to listen to music until it went out. Dutch

determine what the impedance match is on the amplifier or speaker terminals. look on the back of your speakers. if the amp 's output is 8 ohms then your speakers should be 8 ohms. if you parallel the speakers then the impedance will be one-half or 4 ohms and gives an imbalance to the output transformer or transistors in the final amplifier. this imbalance will burn out an audio output transformer or transistor. surround sound uses four speakers from four outputs on an amplifier. you can't duplicate surround sound just by hitching up four speakers to your two outputs.

Comment

yes the speakers im using are the ones that came with the receiver. Can you buy new transformers or transistors from say radio shack?

Comment

yur best bet for replacement components is to try mouser electronics in texas or allied radio in new jersey. for the transformers you'll need the turns ratio and impedances on the primary and secondary. the transistors normally are in a push-pull configuration as indicated on your prints. they can also be a MOSFET or Metal Oxide Semi-conductor, Field Effect Transistor. I had two of these type blow out in my karaoke power amplifier.

Comment

I had a guy tell me that its probably the IC final drive, said that older ones used transistors or mosfets. What would mine have?

Comment

no idea without looking at the prints.

Comment

Surround Sound unit...

As an aside...We experienced a high electric spike that took out our Phillips surround sound system. I called them up about their replacement/upgrade program and we did get a replacement unit that's more up to date and a better quality, too! RCA may have a replacement/upgrade program, too....

Comment

this unit is pretty old, id say it was new in 2000. I dont think rca would replace it.

Comment

Replacement unit....

Ours was almost six years old. By the way....the replacement for our unit was $24 and change! And that included prepaid return shipping! We've done that with a Canon digital camera as well as an HP scanner. Many companies offer repair/upgrade programs. May be worthwhile to give it a try....

Comment

I got there # from the site. But can anyone confirm that rca is owned by audiovox? when I clicked on caontact rca it directed me to an audiovox site with an 800 #.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    =