Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD's not ejecting in truck

I can insert & it will play, did eject then will not eject, I had to use some needle nose pliers to remove, any suggestions how to clean or what to do.

the cd relies on its electronics and a carriage assembly and a motor to accept and eject a cd. there is some type of light lubricant on its tracks. if you can gain access to the carriage, apply a very sparingly coating to the motor thread along with application to the two rails the cd travels on.

Comment

I assume it is an in-dash CD player. The fact that you were able to grab the CD with the needle nose pliers suggests that the loading mechanism is lifting the CD off of the mechanism which actually spins the CD, and raises it to the level of the slot where it slides through. The problem is that there are some sort of rollers which grab the CD and either pull it into the unit or push it out through the slot. Assuming that the loading motor runs while it is attempting to eject the CD, either the rollers are slipping, the rollers are not coming together close enough to contact the CD (there is usually an upper and a lower roller), or the rollers are not turning. If the rollers are slipping, you can clean them with some isopropyl alcohol and Q-tips. The problem will be getting to them. Most likely will have to disassemble the player to gain access. If the rollers are not contacting the CD or are not turning, then there are other problems, such as worn gears or other parts. The player will have to be removed and powered up using an external 12 volts dc power supply and operated with the cover removed so you can see what's going on inside.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =