Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitewashing kitchen cabinets

Hey all....

I am wanting to update the kitchen in my house. The house is 20 years old and the cabinets are in good shape but of course dated. I was thinking of whitewashing but have absolutely no clue on how to do this but am willing to give it a try.

Does anyone know of a good product or book or website that would basically tell me step by step on how to accomplish this?

I have finally bought a small older home after losing everything in Ivan (with no renters insurance - I couldn't get any) and I really want to make it mine.

So please, any suggestions would of course be greatly appreciated....

Thanks.
    Laura

Whitewashing is usually applied to new unfinished cabinets, where some grain is still visable and a variety of colors can be applied as singular finishes and/or in concert with others.
    So, if it is your intent to strip the existing, as far as you can, then you need to understand that the softer, or more open grain, will absorb to a depth beyond your ability to remove with any stripping formula.
    Illegitimas non-carborundum

Comment

Thanks for the input. Any suggestions on what to do other than straight painting to old basic cabinets? As stated they are in good condition, but I do know that I am a limited painter and would probably have brush marks all over them if I straight painted.

Thanks.
      Laura

Comment

Working...
      X
      =