Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting Cabinets

My son and I just installed a set of cabinets he had gotten from his contracting job (they are like new and a solid washed oak. My question, he has 2 pantries which the wife wants, however they are 92" tall, my celing is 92" tall and there is no way to get the cabinet up the stairs and in place. His boss said to cut about 1'' off the top of the pantry, move them in place and then replace the cut out part, utilizing some crown molding. I plan on selling the house in a few months. What type of saw, blade combination would I use to make this cut? I have a SkillSaw, Jigsaw and table saw.
    I also have some shelves which are laminated particle board, I need to trim a couple down, what would I use to minimize shredding/cracking of the laminate? Thanks in advance for any help.

use a trim blade - nothing with coarse teeth like a regular framing skil saw blade. if you use the saw on laminate place the laminate down and cut from the backside. use masking tape on your "cut-line" on the cabinets to minimize shredding. cut verrryy slow.

Comment

I have to cut many cabinets and I cut the bottom base, not the top.
      You can then take any material you have to build it back up to height and cover it with toe kick.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =