Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refacing company in Dallas

I have melamine cabinet fronts with a vinyl "coating" for lack of a better term. I had a grease fire and the vinyl melted. I went to Home Depot to special order new doors. Despite assuring me that they could match them, they couldnt.
    I now have 3 non-matching door fronts at a price of $220+.

I have the door fronts, just three that I "peeled" the vinyl from and am looking for a place that I can carry them to in the Dallas area to "recoat" them with vinyl again.

Any ideas?

Involving HD is just a tremendous hassle, they assure me that what I get will match, they take their cut and I get something back that is useless.

Your chances of matching the replacement doors to your older doors is almost impossible. The vinyl covering is color sensitive no different than buying a new tin of paint to cover a small patch on a wall that was painted months or years earlier. You would be very surprised just how much vinyl covered cabinets can change color over a few months let alone years, you just don't notice it as all your cabinets are changing uniformly, then add to that color batches that differ from batch to batch.

You might want to try a good auto body shop, some will have color matching software and some auto body paints will give a very similar finish to vinyl cabinet fronts.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

pushkins... that is a great suggestion on the vinyl... going to an interior automotive repair shop. Quick story--a few years ago my truck sustained some hail damage. While the guy did a great job pulling the dents out of the roof, he scratched up several plastic and vinyl panels when taking apart the interior to get to the sheet metal. When I took the truck back to the dealer, they had a mobile repair/detail guy come out and he matched both the color and tetxure of the panels perfectly. You would never know they were damaged. Some of these guys have some really amazing products and techniques to repair vinyl and plastic--skills that us home repair guys who are used to working with wood, metal and concrete never see.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =