Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outside-corner countertops

At the local DIY store (I'm in Missouri) I can find all kinds of prefab countertops, but I have an outside corner. I didn't design the kitchen it's just what I'm stuck with.

Does anyone make prefab counters with an outside corner, or - should I decide to go down this route - do I just have to buy extra length and cut it myself?

- Bill

Measure with a micrometer. Mark with a crayon. Cut with an ax.
    Bill in Kansas City, MO

Measure with a micrometer
    Mark with a crayon
    Cut with an axe.

I've never seen prefab for that. There should be though! What did you end up doing?

Comment

Originally posted by handyandy View Post
      I've never seen prefab for that. There should be though! What did you end up doing?
      Ended up building my own. I'd had plywood sitting there as a temp surface. I used scrap plywood to bring the edges up to 1-1/2", then a couple of 2 x 4 studs from the scrap pile ripped down into strips and planed and contact cemented down as the surface.
      Attached Files
      Bill in Kansas City, MO

Measure with a micrometer
      Mark with a crayon
      Cut with an axe.

Comment

Originally posted by seamlyne View Post
        At the local DIY store (I'm in Missouri) I can find all kinds of prefab countertops, but I have an outside corner. I didn't design the kitchen it's just what I'm stuck with.

Does anyone make prefab counters with an outside corner, or - should I decide to go down this route - do I just have to buy extra length and cut it myself?

- Bill

Measure with a micrometer. Mark with a crayon. Cut with an ax.

Hi Bill,

Prefabricated countertops with square edges are frequently seen in do-it-yourself stores. You might have to purchase extra length and cut it yourself if you require a countertop with an outside corner. Longer lengths that can be tailored to match your unique kitchen design are available in many retailers. For the intended outcome, make sure you measure precisely and cut using the right tools.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =