Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shrinkflation - Toilet roll length getting shorter

I found a small pack of toilet rolls hidden away in the back of a wardrobe. Don't know how long it had been there but I'm guessing 8 years. I had previously thought toilet rolls were getting shorter, so out of interest, I compared it with a newer pack. The old one has an average of 241 sheets per roll, the new one has 200 sheets per roll.

What else are people finding we are paying the same or more for and getting less?​

many consumers are noticing similar trends across various products. From food items to household goods, it's becoming increasingly common to pay the same or more while receiving less. This phenomenon, known as "shrinkflation," is a subtle tactic used by manufacturers to mitigate rising production costs without overtly increasing prices you must check out the article what is toilet roll circumference. It's a reminder to stay vigilant and pay attention to product sizes and quantities, as what may seem like a good deal at first glance might not be as generous as it appears.

Comment

• Cereal boxes: Many brands have reduced the amount of cereal in their boxes while keeping the box size and price the same.
      • Toilet paper: Some manufacturers have decreased the number of sheets per roll or made each sheet slightly smaller.
      • Chocolate bars: Several popular chocolate brands have reduced the size of their bars over the years.
      • Potato chips: Bags of chips often contain more air and fewer chips than in the past.
      • Ice cream: Many ice cream containers have shrunk from 2 liters to 1.5 liters or even less.
      • Coffee: Some brands have reduced the weight of coffee in their packages from 16 ounces to 12 ounces.
      • Yogurt: Many yogurt containers have decreased from 8 ounces to 6 ounces.
      • Orange juice: Some brands have reduced their cartons from 64 ounces to 59 ounces.
      • Detergent: Liquid laundry detergent bottles may contain less product while claiming to be more concentrated.
      • Candy bags: The weight of candy in "family size" bags has decreased for many brands.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =