Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Timer Install Help

I am trying to replace a fan switch with a GE digital timer switch (GE5100E60-71D). The instructions read as follows: Black lead to circuit's line conductor;Blue lead to circuit's load conductor; White to circuit's neutral conductor.
    The box I am working on has two single pole switches; one to control the exhaust fan and the other to control the fan light. Inside the box are three cables; two 2 wire and one 3 wire. All of the whites of the three cables are connected by a wire nut, as are all the grounds. The black wires from the two 2 wire cables are also connected with a wire nut. For the fan switch: one terminal has a black wire that connects to the connected blacks, the other terminal is attached to the black wire of the 3 wire cable. For the light switch: one terminal has a a black wire that is connected to the connected blacks, the other terminal is connected to the red wire of the 3 wire cable. Where should I connect the white, blue and black wires for the new digital switch to replace the existing fan switch?

Ajc,

Welcome to the forum.

Connect the black to the connected black, the blue goes to the black in the 3 wire cable and the white goes to the white group.

Good luck, Jim

'Just a handyman trying to help'
    'Just a handyman trying to help'

Comment

Working...
    X
    =