Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Cord to Electric Range Questions

I just bought a new electric stove to replace my old one and had the following questions:

1) The new stove came with a 3-wire plug, but my outlet had the 4-wire. Since my new stove is convertable to a 4-wire configuration, what I did was use the power cord from my old stove and used it on the new one. Can I do that? It seems to work fine, but I just want to make sure that it won't explode or catch on fire in couple days.

2) The 3-wire power cord from the new stove doesn't have red, white, and black labels. When I took it off, I forgot to label them, so I'm not sure how to install the 3-wire power cord on my old stove. Is there a way to see which one is supposed to be attached to the black, to the red, and to the white by just looking at the wire?

Thanks!

the four wire pigtail is a flat cable assembly. the two outer wires are the hots, one of the middle ones is the white and the other is the earth ground. for a four wire installation on the terminal block, the two outer terminals go to the 240 supply. if there is a jumper between one of the terminals to chassis ground, remove it and transfer it to the other terminal. this is the equipment ground or "green or bare" the white should be all alone.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =