Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lighting for Garage - LEDs ???

Well I was thinking of putting a string of LEDs in my 1 car garage and moving my Floresent over to my other garage . . . Until I lit up the string of lights in the garage I was thinking of using (it was a 24' string of LEDs). Anyways, I'm here to tell you, no way I will not even put them up. If i wanted my garage dimly lit then ok but, no I'll save you from wasting your money (or time for returning them like I'm going to do.)

I think LEDs have their place but, in my garage for light isn't it.
    Mark
    Owner of 1 house (3200 SQ.FT., 4 car garage)
    Owner of 3 rental houses (partner with the bank.)

Your point in this post is what exactly ?
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

I totally agree with Pushkins. What is the point in your posting? Everybody knows that LED lamps are not good for area lighting. Code states 3 watts per square foot for general lighting. LEDs do not supply this. I don't know what came over your mind.

Comment

Yes, I must have been crazy to think I could get enough light out of the LEDs. Just trying to keep others from making the same stupid mistake.

That's all my point is.

I will say, this is the kind of thing that BELONGS in THIS forum. This forum is NOT the place for professionals that may already hnow this.
        Last edited by DuneMe; 02-15-2012, 09:50 PM.
        Mark

Comment

If not for professionals, then who? Certainly not your average grade school student who wouldn't have any idea what you are talking about. Like you said previously you are an idiot!

Comment

Yep, that's me Mr. Moderator. . . The Idiot. Although I will say, it was said differently than you said it.

I think the forom is for the average Home Owner. Am I wrong? Believe it or not I'll tell you that I am quite smart with Home Repair stuff compared to the many Home Owners in my neighborhood.

So you know, I live in the Suburbs.

The average Home Owner has questions too like, "Should I use LEDs or Florocents to light up my garage?"
            Mark

Comment

I don't think your average "home owner" would even question it about LEDs. The tried n true utilization of tubular flourescents would win out over incandescent bulbs. Tell me about LEDs! How to they work? Betcha can't!

Comment

Let me see what I can tell you about Light Emmiting Diods from my memory - Not from the internet.

Then again, if I do I could proove I'm not an idiot . . . naw, I think I'll just be the idiot.

(The diode glows - similar to an old light bulb filament with a much longer life. The diode is semiconductor media. That's all I know without looking things up.)
                Mark

Comment

Originally posted by DuneMe View Post
                  This forum is NOT the place for professionals that may already hnow this.
                  This IS a place of professionals, professionals in their respective areas, be it electrical, plumbing, appliances, building etc...etc... This is a place where people with a question come and ask that question and hopefully get a professional answer. This is a place where professional people try to offer free advice to help others make the repairs they need and to guide them in what not to do in doing those repairs.
                  Many if not all of the people that offer advice on these forums have countless years of experience in their respective fields.

This is not however the place for idle posts or thoughtless ramblings, even if they are with the best of intentions.
                  Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
                  Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Originally posted by pushkins View Post
                    This IS a place of professionals, professionals in their respective areas, be it electrical, plumbing, appliances, building etc...etc... This is a place where people with a question come and ask that question and hopefully get a professional answer. This is a place where professional people try to offer free advice to help others make the repairs they need and to guide them in what not to do in doing those repairs.
                    Many if not all of the people that offer advice on these forums have countless years of experience in their respective fields.

This is not however the place for idle posts or thoughtless ramblings, even if they are with the best of intentions.
                    i hope some day he will understand what you are talking about, well said. Paul

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    =