Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No power in an outlet

I bet there is a simplest resolution to this problem... but here am I showing off my siliness.

One regular 110V outlet no longer has power. It used to work... but it no longer does. I haven't done any electrical work in the house during this month. The circuit breakers are all in ON position (in any case, I have no idea which circuit breaker controls this particular outlet).

Any ideas?

Where is this outlet located? It's possible that it is fed from a GFCI receptacle. Go around the house and press the reset button on any and all GFCI that may be tripped, then check your receptacle again. If still no power then you should replace it or check the wireing as the wires could either be loose or broken. If this receptacle is wired to the little holes in the back then remove them and connect the wires to the side screws of the receptacle. If you don't know which breaker to open, then turn off your main panel breaker. You should also buy a voltage tester, the neon bulb type work great and are handy. Test the wires or outlet once again for voltage prior to removing them from the receptacle.

quote:Originally posted by rch3791

I bet there is a simplest resolution to this problem... but here am I showing off my siliness.

One regular 110V outlet no longer has power. It used to work... but it no longer does. I haven't done any electrical work in the house during this month. The circuit breakers are all in ON position (in any case, I have no idea which circuit breaker controls this particular outlet).

Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
    X
    =