Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lights constantly flickering

Several weeks ago the lights started flickering in 3 rooms. Now they flicker constantly. I have noticed they will do that with no appliances on, not even the furnace. I am worried that it could be a danger. I have asked the public service electrical company to check it out, but they only check the voltage from the street to the house. We have 2 circuit breaker boxes in the house. Any ideas?

You have some loose wires, it could be in your panels or it could be from the main transformer and pole to the house. Do you have aluminum branch wiring? You need to call an electrician to come out and find the problem, unless you feel comfortable removing the covers of your panels, it can be dangerous and is not advised unless you are experianced. I wouldn't wait though, since the flickering has gotten worse that means the connection is worse and this can cause arching to occur which can start a fire.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by kactuskid

You have some loose wires, it could be in your panels or it could be from the main transformer and pole to the house. Do you have aluminum branch wiring? You need to call an electrician to come out and find the problem, unless you feel comfortable removing the covers of your panels, it can be dangerous and is not advised unless you are experianced. I wouldn't wait though, since the flickering has gotten worse that means the connection is worse and this can cause arching to occur which can start a fire.

Comment

Thanks for the information, I will call the electrician today. I had the electrical company check it out yesterday and they said the power was good from the pole to the house.

Comment

Peg...
          Please post back when the electrical looks at the lights. We will like to know how it turns out for you.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =