Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thermostat is from Vivint, our alarm company. I will go with "W1" and see what happens. I don't think it will really matter for now. The unit won't be in heating mode for a few months yet.

Comment

Well, I am going to call that a victory for me. I flicked on the breaker..... no sparks or flames, flicked on the shut off switch..... no sparks or flames. Then went and turned the thermostat to cooling, the thing slowly ramped up and was blowing air. I think some settings need to be played with cause it sounded like it was not running at a very high speed, but the instructions say cooling mode has anything from low in stage 1 to high in stage 2. I think it was running pretty low in stage 1. Full capacity is about 2000CFM and I don't think that was it. Either way, my biggest fear is over with and it has power and the thermostat communicated with it. Thank you for all the help. I guess the next major step will be the first test run in heating mode.

Comment

furnace

I didn't know it was a combination heater - air conditioner!
        All you stated in the first post was "heater."
        snap a picture of the schematic diagram that's glued somewhere on the unit and send it here.

Comment

I should clarify that point. For all the furnace and thermostat know it is a heater only. We have a pumped ground water cooling coil so there is no condensing unit or refrigerant. The cooling works by just basically having the furnace in "blower mode" as they refer to it in the manual. We just open the water supply and return valves on the coil and that is our A/C. Speaking of that, the furnace was originally set to have the "blower mode" work at 30%. I have adjusted it to work at 70% and that seems pretty good. Once it really gets hot out I may have to see what 100% feels like if 70% isn't doing the job. Either way, I have run the thing for about an hour and all seems well.

Comment

cooling

ok, thanks. you had me worried because an ac uses multiple motors for cooling.
            I know about ground loop cooling - a sort of swamp cooler. ground water naturally is about 58 degrees year round.
            glad its working.

Comment

Yep, all is good. If anything having this setup simplified the installation a bit I think. All that is left now is to determine if my thermostat is a 1 or 2 stage, set the furnace accordingly and I think I am about done.

Comment

furnace

I'm glad things worked out for you for the better. this forum has been active for ten years, or so they say. I joined up with them in 2004.
                I've added what I could insofar as electrical goes. pictures, drawn electrical fittings, explanations and general trouble shooting.
                Many on here are seasoned professionals not looking for a buck, just helping fellow men with problems [and women]
                I personally have a lot under my belt. An electrician by trade, I've wired new houses, old houses, industrial machines.
                I have an ability to read blueprints from abroad. german electrical prints.
                symbols are all different.
                I stayed with one guy that had problems with a garbage disposal and countertop receptacles for at least three weeks, but, we got him back on track - no fires, no shocks and everything worked.

Comment

There is no way I could do things like this without guidance. Sites like this one are a life saver for people like me who are handy, but lack experience and knowledge. I will likely be back in the future and will visit the site regularly in case there is someone I can help. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  =