Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bathroom exhuast fan with light

I am replacing a bathroom light. I have put in a new bathroom exhuast fan with a light. I also want to use a multiswitch or switch with two switchs in order to have an on and off for both the fan and the light. I am having trouble with the wiring. The power source is in at the fixture and I have 12/3 with ground running to the switch. I can get both the light and fan to run without the switch. I also have a lead off the switch to a GFCI receptacle that receives power. Could you please forward a diagram of wiring and any information to help me. Thank you, LJB

Here's a link that'll give you all the details to wiring up your fan/light. Scroll past the picture on the page and it'll tell you how to wire for onward unswitched power for your GFCI.

Comment

LJB here again. Thank you for the diagram of the fan/light switched separately power source at light. My new problem, the wires from the fan/light combo are not pre-wired. I have a black, blue, and two whites. How does the three wire connect to the black, blue and the two whites. Could I have a diagram from the power to fixture, fixture (fan) to fixture (light), and then to the double switch. LJB

Comment

quote:My new problem, the wires from the fan/light combo are not pre-wired.
        I don't understand, did a manual come with the fan to tell how the wires are to be connected? I'm assuming all these wires are sticking out from the fan and need to be connected to the power? What does pre-wired mean, Take a look to see what the wiring diagram states in the instructions and let me know. What make, model is this.

Thanks.

Comment

[What make, model 707 Broan-NuTone

How do you connect the wires from the fan/light to the three wire?
          LJB

Comment

The black is probably the light high side, the blue the fan, or the reverse; you simply have to try it to see which energizes which. Each device has a white neutral.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =