Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:Originally posted by HayZee518

You should be able to flip the breaker off - if it is jammed in the on position, be very careful and unscrew the screw don't touch anything metal with the screwdriver and pull the wire out. If there is a load on it there will be a spark! Then pry out the breaker from the center stab and unhook the backside. Just be very careful!
    Thanks, the breaker can be switched off.

Comment

The new style CH 120 breaker with the plastic hook sould fit OK in the older box that had the metal hook breakers.
      As far as I know Cutler Hammer is the only breaker that will work in a CH panel.
      The "1" in front of the "20" is the number of poles.

Comment

The main breaker for this subpanel you have should be located somewhere in the building, the maintenance person or the condo association should be able to tell you where it's located. Since you aren't familiar with electricity at all, I would not advise you to try and remove this breaker yourself with the power still being supplied to this subpanel, it's just not worth getting hurt over in case you touch something you aren't supposed to touch.

Do yourself a favor and either have the maintenance person do it or hire an electrician, they'll have a proper replacement breaker for you.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by kactuskid

The main breaker for this subpanel you have should be located somewhere in the building, the maintenance person or the condo association should be able to tell you where it's located. Since you aren't familiar with electricity at all, I would not advise you to try and remove this breaker yourself with the power still being supplied to this subpanel, it's just not worth getting hurt over in case you touch something you aren't supposed to touch.

Do yourself a favor and either have the maintenance person do it or hire an electrician, they'll have a proper replacement breaker for you.
          Thanks.
          I will.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dean

The new style CH 120 breaker with the plastic hook sould fit OK in the older box that had the metal hook breakers.
            As far as I know Cutler Hammer is the only breaker that will work in a CH panel.
            The "1" in front of the "20" is the number of poles.

Thanks. I just went to Home Depot and got the CH120. It looks like it will fit.

Comment

Great, let us know how it comes out.

Comment

Good stuff.

Comment

Working...
                X
                =