Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 240volt exterior

I am installing a spa on my deck (concrete deck). I need to run 240v to the rear of my house. My home is a two story CBS construction.The service panel is about 90ft from the point of the spa. I have all concrete driveway/walkways and no acess to dirt to bury any wires. I was thinking of running wire from the garage (where the service panel is located) thru the wall to the outside and up to the soffit thru the attic down thru the rear soffit down the side of the house and out to the spa disconnect/gfi box to the spa. Is this an acceptable method and is there a conduit or tubing required in the attic and is there any recommended conduit for the outside wires that will run outside the house (50amp) circuit.

Minimum size wire for a 90 foot run at 50 amps is a #6 thw/thwn copper.
    For a 240 volt circuit minus a neutral you'll need three conductors - two hots and an equipment ground. Because you have no direct burial access, run everything in PVC plastic with appropriate fittings to overcome right angle runs. See illustrations on electrical fittings. (LB, LL, LR etc)
    Use 1 inch trade sized PVC conduit.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =