Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert a GFCI outlet to a regular outlet

My garage has two outlets connected to a GFCI. I want make one of the outlet regular outlet as my deep freeze in the garage stops every time GFCI trips. How can I get one regular outlet without cutting GFCI completely as it controls two outdoor outlets?
    Thanks for advise.
    Sharad

If these receptacles are all daisy chained from one to the next then you'll have to remove the wires from the LOAD side of the GFCI that's installed and connect these wires to the LINE side. What this does is provide power to the remaining receptacles, but not GFCI protected power. Now you can install a simplex receptacle for your freezer. Like this one:

As for the outdoor receptacels and any other receptacles on this line, you'll have to install individual GFCI receptacles in place of the regular one's that are there. If these other receptacles don't have wires feeding another device, then make sure you attach the wires to the LINE side of the GFCI Here's a link showing how a GFCI receptacle is connected.

This website is for sale! danswiringpage.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, danswiringpage.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

Working...
    X
    =