Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring 220 to garage

Ive got a 200 amp main panel. Ive run two dedicated lines through 3/4 inch liquid tight flex conduit. one wired to a 20 amp breaker, which will power a compressor, it is rated at 240 volts, 15 amps, 60 hz with a 100% duty cycle. The other to a 50 amp breaker which will power a lincoln electric pro-mig 175 welder, rated input 230 volts/60hz, 20 -22amps with a 30% duty cycle. Ive used 10awg wire for the compressor and 6awg for the welder. I'm 10 ft from the main panel to a junction box then another four feet in opposite directions to the tools. The compressor is hard wired and the welder is a 220volt 50amp outlet. I've got two hots(red & black) and a ground(green) on each run. HOW AM I DOING????????

OK so far, but the flex sealtight shouldn't be more than six feet in total length - or three feet connected to utilization equipment. Don't rip it down, it's working, but think of the length in your future projects. Try bending some EMT if you're adventurous. It may work out better for you in the long run. (no pun intended)

Comment

Working...
    X
    =