Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attic fan not working

Hi,

I have notice my attic fan has not been running. I checked the switch and it seem to not being sending power to the fan so I hit the breaker and replaced the switch. Now when I turn on the switch in the attic the fan hums. It has an[?] auto thermostat...which I beleive is the box up by the fan itself. Can I just replace the thermostat or do I have to replace the entire fan? Also has anyone had luck at using the new solar powered attic fans?

Any help would be appreciated...my electric bill was higher this month! I beleive this is part of the problem. The fan is a "cool attic" model 1000 from mfg in Mineral Wells Texas. That is only info that was on the label of the thermostat box. The fan is probably 12 years old.

thanks,
    Rob

RobL

Welcome to the Home Repair Forums

Yes the thermostat would be located near the fan. As for the hum you hear, Its probably a bad motor! If you had a bad thermostat it would not do anything at all or run all the time. The thermostat in question is just a bi metal snap action. Its either on or off.

I dont know anything about the solar type fans. With a good warranty and a decent price I think its a heck of an idea.

16x80

Comment

16x80

Thanks for your help!
      Rob

Comment

Working...
      X
      =