Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring three way switches

Here is a fun one for anyone interested in helping...

My sweetie wanted to change out all the switches and receptacles in the livingroom to black colored instead of the standard almond that came with the house. He pulled them all out and put in the new ones, and nothing works now. I am fairly sure they are miswired on the three way switches, since there are two black wires with no differentiations for the common and traveling wire. How does one go about solving this dilema? I am not very well versed in this, just ahve a few home improvement books to go off of. I am guessing I am going to need a continuity tester, but I haven't a fricking idea what to do with it or how to start testing.

Any input or advice is much appreciated.

Thanks!

look in the electrical diagram stickies - there's a page that deals with determining the travelers and feeders

Comment

When you say nothing works do you mean the receptacles and the lights don't work? If you do then we need lot's more information. Like what are the color of wires in each of the box's, how many of each? How are the currently connected, You know, all the details since we really can't see it from here.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =