Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with chandelier sockets

I think I understand how to technically replace a socket. I need to replace a socket in a chanderlier. Problem is the socket cover is ceramic and I can't find any screws to remove it. I've been told to break it but that doesn't sound quite right. Any suggestions. If I am to remove the socket, what's the best way to break it without destroying what's underneath? Appreciate any comments.

Like you mean the white cover that surrounds the socket itself? I assume its a tiny "candelabra" type socket??
    The cover should either slide right up and off the socket or it should unscrew... that is the only two possible ways I can see getting this item off if its the same item i am thinking of..
    A.D

Comment

Candelabra socket. Most miniature and candelabra sockets are just screwed onto the 1/8" nipple or nipple fitting in the fixture. Some of them use the screw shell grounding screw to fasten them. Look down into the socket to see if there's a screw you can loosen up and the socket should come out.

Comment

I have unscrewed the socket but can't seem to pull the socket down far enough to gain access to disconnect the wires from the chandelier.

quote:Originally posted by HayZee518

Candelabra socket. Most miniature and candelabra sockets are just screwed onto the 1/8" nipple or nipple fitting in the fixture. Some of them use the screw shell grounding screw to fasten them. Look down into the socket to see if there's a screw you can loosen up and the socket should come out.

Comment

You will have to push the wire into the tube from where it's spliced together say a central hub of the chandelier or maybe from where it comes out of the fixture.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =