Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone help me with this?

I have a 100amp load center in my shed. It is feed from the disconnect panel on our doublewide with a 30 or 50 amp breaker. I want to pull a 10ga. wire from this load center in shed to the main panel in our house we are building to supply temporary power with a 30amp breaker 220v. Once the house is complete the doublewide will be moved and the power terminated, hence no more power at shed. At this point I plan to use this same wire that will supply temp. power now, to supply power to the shed. This is all the power I need at this shed without question. We have a fridge in there and two lights and it isn't used for anything else except garden storage. I have 10-3w/grd(4 wire) UF cable for this. I'm unsure how to wire the neutral and ground between these two panels(the shed and house). Can someone give me a plain, easy to understand explanation of what to do?

I hope this diagram is sort of what you have, at least it may be a start. I'm assuming the house will be fed via a new underground feed from the meter. Is there a MAIN disconnect at the meter/pole?

Comment

If the main disconnect is at the mobile home, then any power fed to the outbuildings (ie shed and house) would be considered sub panels. The ground and neutral wires at subpanels must remain separate, so they have individual bus bars and not combined as the main panel does. The neutral buss bar must float above the ground and not be attached conductivly to the panel frame. So make sure the green bonding screw is removed in these sub panels.

You should also have 2 ground rods driven in at both the shed and the house location. Below is a link that'll show you lots of details in connecting and wiring your panels for detached buildings.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =