Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help

I am trying to figure out what I've done wrong in a wiring scenario.
    I'm a terrible newbie, and thought I'd done it right, but I can get one light to work, but the other barely glows. For some reason the one closest to the power source gets full power, but the other (closer to the switch) is getting only 8v.

I've attached a diagram to show what I've done. The house is old and I can't wire the way it is in the books, from power to switch to lights due to wall placement.

I was told it can be done from power to lights and then switch, but can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Anyone???

Is this an existing wiring or new? Assuming this is the way the wires are situated, the power is coming into the first lamp box, paralled to the second and finally switched at another box.
    The hots are always switched, the neutral is NOT!
    Incoming to first lamp box, three wire #14 between the two lamps and a two wire 14 from the last lamp to the switchbox.

Comment

They way you have it illustrated your whole circuit is a series wired circuit. The lamp closest to the power WILL always be brighter unless you switch around the bulbs. What you need is the parallel circuit I drew up.

Comment

You have the bulbs wired in series. If they are rated at the same wattage, each one will burn at about 1/2 intensity.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =