Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bathroom outlet not working

Here's the thing. Our bathroom has only one outlet. There are 4 places to plug things into. So, my hairdryer is in one, there is a plug-in air freshener in another, and then my husband plugged in a waterpik. My hairdryer was not going at the time. We lost all juice coming out of that outlet. None of them work. I went downstairs and didn't see any tripped breaker. The lights were still on in the bathroom. So, I just flipped them all off then back on. Still doesn't work. Ideas? Thanks!

I don't know how old your house is. For many years it has been required that bathroom outlets be protected by a GFCI. Often it is in the bathroom, but you may have a GFCI outlet in another bathroom or someplace like the garage, that feeds the bathroom. CHeck all other GFCI outlets you can find. Pust the test, then the reset buttons.

Comment

bathroom outlet now works

thanks so much for the help! I was able to find the GFCI outlet in the kitchen. It must feed into the bathroom. I reset it and started it. All works well. Many thanks again!

Comment

You might try to find THAT wire that's feeding upstairs from the downstream side of the gfci and re-wire it to the upper part of the kitchen gfci. Then replace one outlet upstairs in the bathroom with a new gfci so with nuisance tripping you won't have run downstairs all the time.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =