Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi forum

does any one know how to conn a electric stove? i would like to know is there is a link about it
    well i dont know any thing about electricity
    RrR

THANK YOU RrR

Is it a new installation, or are you replacing an existing stove? What kind of stove is it? Did it come with Instructions? Is there already a circuit run for it?

Comment

RrR,

First, I am not an electrician.
      Second, here is your answer... The first thing you need to know about electricity is that it takes the easiest path to ground so... please ensure the circuit is dead before you disconnect or reconnect any wires. All new stoves since 1995 in North America use a standard connection, it looks like this You connect the bare copper (ground) to the round terminal at the top. Connect the White (Neutral) to the bottom terminal. Connect the Black(110 Hot) to one side and the Red(110 hot) to the other side. Notice the voltage between the terminals should therefore be 110v between either of the hots and the ground or neutral and 220v between the two hots.

Hope this helps, Jim

'Just a handyman trying to help'

Comment

hi all
        the brand is Davell
        the model is Apollo
        all i want to do is exchange the gas and put this electric stove ,that a friend of mine gave me ,the stove is around 15 years old ,it has 4 plates, the griller and a stove and witha clock at the top
        thank you 4 the replays

THANK YOU RrR

Comment

RrR,

Unless there was an electric stove there before you will have to upgrade your wiring to the new stove. You will need a 50-amp double pole circuit breaker, a 50-amp receptacle for the range and enough 6/3W.G.(6 gauge, 3-wire plus a grounding wire) wire to go from your panel to the recptacle. Since you are now into the panel and working with 240 volts I would recommend finding someone with some electrical experience to assist you. Good luck.

Jim

Comment

Working...
          X
          =