Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying 220V Electrical Range and Electrical Dryer

I would like to buy an Electrical Range and an Electrical Dryer to ship to Romania, where the regular voltage is 220V. Is this feasible? Do I need a transformer from 110V to 220V? Talking to the Sales person, they did not know what to tell me. Reading the Manual for the Range, it just said 120/240V, single phase. As I understand, the US system for these electrical equipment has two hot wires and one neutral. This means that each wire is 120V, and total is 240V. How do they work when there is only one hot wire of 220V and one neutral?
    What do I need to do? How should this be solved over in Romania?
    I would appreciate your response.
    Lee Juro

For the range, if it has an electronic timer straight 220 to a neutral would not work as it uses one side of the [American] 220 to the center [neutral] conductor the timer operating on 120 volts. Same would apply for the dryer.
    However if you had an older range that ran without a timer for the oven, connecting one side to a hot and the other wire to the other 220 stud should work. But check into the actual wiring diagram before you make any decisions.

Comment

You need to also find out if Romania is on 60 hz or 50 hz. If they are on 50, the motor in your dryer would not work properly, and any clock or timer circuits in the stove would run slow.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =