Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finishing Basement - need to add phone jack

I need to add phone jack (not a new line, just wiring/placement of new jack)after regular wiring in a basement finish project.
    I have read that I can tap into the Network Interface box on the outside of my house (house is 6 months old), run the wire from there through the conduit that exists from the box to the house. Is it that simple or any tricks/things I should be aware of?

For ease of the job you might want to try to tap on to one of the phone jacks installed already in the house. For the most they are fed from the basement up the walls, so if you find one for example in the living room 12" off the floor it should be far easier to attach the wires to this jack, drop the line down (or feed it up from the basement) the wall and then to where ever you want it in the basement.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

phone jack

Just to understand correctly,
      So I would simply have two sets of wires running from that jack (say in the living room), one TO the jack from the "main" home phone wiring and one FROM the jack (but using the same terminals) run down into the basement?

Comment

You got it !!
        Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
        Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Get a cordless phone...

Comment

Working...
          X
          =