Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost power to outlets

I was blow drying my hair when dryer stop working
    I find out it was not my dryer but my outlet, because the breaker did not pop its just fine, but the outlet still does not work,but all the other outlets in this room work just fine and they all go to the same breaker. Can anybody help me with this problem?

If this is in a bathroom then it's possible that the receptacle is a GFCI type. There should be a test and reset button on it. Try pushing in the reset button on any you find in the house and then check for power at the receptacle again.

If that doesn't fix it then let us know so we can help you out.

Comment

Lost power to outlet

To answer your question, No there is no test butten on the outlet or anywhere in the house. I check everything again but still no power to the outlet.oddly enough thier is a outlet on the same wall on the outside of my house I use for christmas lights and it does not work either.

Comment

The outside outlet is a real clue that this is a GFCI-related issue. Look for a GFCI in another bathroom or possibly in the garage that is feeding both of the affected receptacles.

Comment

The receptacle on the outside of your house is also one that's supposed to be GFCI protected. So, I'm still guessing that you have a GFCI receptacle that is tripped somewhere. It could be in the garage or in the basement hidden behind some shelves or box's. If you have any other outside receptacles check them too. The possiblilty always exist that you have a loose wire at a connection but I'm guessing a tripped GFCI.

To check for a loose connection, open the breaker for this circuit and then if any wires are stuck in the little holes in the backs of these receptacles, remove them and wrap them around the screws on the sides. These backstabbed connections are the cause of lots of loose wires. The loose connection could be anywhere on the circuit. And it could be at the last WORKING receptacle on this circuit also. Here's a link to help with details, please let us know what you find.

http://www.rd.com/content/openConten...ontentId=17454

Comment

I recently had a small deep freeze thaw on me and I lost all the meat! No power to the bottom plug, next I realized that I had an unused plug that was not working.

No breaker problems, no GF outlets. I went on a whim and killed the breaker and pulled the plug out of the wall to replace it. Still no power, I went to the other plug and pulled it only to find it had a broken wire connector. This broken connection stopped power from getting to the last plug on the circuit which had the deep freeze pluged in.

Just something to consider. I am by no means an electrician.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =