Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some advice on something..

I recently added a room in my garage.. and currently there is no lighting.. we just finished drywall texture and running a new a/c line to the room for cooling and heat... however there is no overhead light. SO, I need a light(probably recessed can light) and a switch. I have not done any electricAL work before.. but am willing to try.

Would you experienced guys recommend trying something like this? I have a new house and easy attic access... there is actually a GFCI plug on one existing wall in the new office. but what do you guys think?

Thanks for the help.
    chad

If your afraid of electricity then I'd suggest that you leave it to someone else, on the other hand if you are fairly competent and willing to double check your work then it's not a big deal.

You bring 14/2 cable from a power source to a light switch, the blacks will connect to the switch (one at the top and the other at the bottom) the whites will continue on to the light fixture.
    Connect the ground to the switch with a pigtail and connect the ground to the light fixture at that end.
    Make sure your connections to the power source are correct as well, black to black, white to white and grounds connected as well.

Here is a web page that explains the process in detail and gives a diagram

Hope this helps.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =