Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No power to light fixture..

I don't have alot of experience with electrical problems, but i am usually able to figure them out. However I am having a problem with the electric wiring in my mom's house. She turned on the ceiling light the other day and heard a loud pop followed by some sparks. I went over and took a look at the fixture. The fixture has power to it when you turn the wall switch on, but not enough to light up a bulb. (If that makes sense). Any thoughts from anybody as what I need to do next. I checked the fixture with a two prong test light and get a real faint glow, but when I put a new bulb in and hit the switch nothing happens. Any help at this point would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Matt

I'll guess you have a loose connection. Open the breaker for this circuit and check the connections at both the light and the switch. May even see a burnt wire up there. If so, strip it back to solid wire and reconnect. I'm also wondering it the light isn't/wasn't overlamped. Check how many watts the fixture is rated for and make sure the proper sized bulb is used.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =