Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dryer plug won't go in all the way

it was late and i was not thinking... i plugged in the dryer plug into the outlet(while it was not hooked up to the dryer).. i wanted to check to see if was the right one since we just moved... i know i am stupid and lucky.

anyway, the circuit breaker did not trip in the garage, but when i did finally hook up the correct plug to the dryer and try to plug it back into the outlet, it won't go all the way in...

what do i do?

A picture's worth a thousand words;
    Appliance repair troubleshooting help: dishwasher repair, washer repair, dryer repair, microwave oven repair, refrigerator repair, freezer repair, disposal repair, icemaker repair, oven repair, and stove repair. Get FREE, personalized appliance repair help from Master Appliantologists. Live repair help also available. Parts for all appliance brands and models.
    Illegitimas non-carborundum

Comment

Old [existing} dryer plugs and receptacles are of the three wire kind. New ones [by code] are four wire. Old ones have a crow foot and an L shaped ground, new ones have a crow foot with offset blades, a straight blade and an L shaped ground. If you're trying to shove the former into a plug it should go straight in unless you broke the bakelite inside the black cover. you'll need to remove the cover after shutting off the breaker and see if there's some bakelite jammed in between the blades of the receptacle. If there is, replace the receptacle (another $3.50)

Comment

Working...
      X
      =