Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprinkler pump wiring

Hi I am trying to connect a 220 volt pump for a sprinkler system. I have a National Controls relay model SNC-R2025-507 that I want to use. The sprinkler controller has a 24 VAC transformer that will work for the control input of the relay, but I don't know how to connnect the pump wiring to the 2 output connectors on the relay. The relay has 2 connectors for input and 2 for output (one labelled line and the other labelled load). This site has a picture of the relay and the specs: http://www.emsco-usa.com/ncc/ssr.htm
    Or this:
    There is only one LINE connection and one LOAD connection on the output side of the relay. I know that 220 uses 2 hot wires, so do I need to connect one hot wire directly to the pump from the breaker, and the other hot wire from the breaker to the LINE connection on the relay output, then connect a wire from the LOAD connection on the relay output to the pump? Then connect the grounds.

Can anyone please help me with this? Thanks

get a 30 amp arrow hart motor contactor with a 24 volt coil. make sure you get a two pole contactor, take the relay you got backand get your money back. the arrow hart is a type commonly used in air contioners. then all you do is connect your line on one pair of the normally open contacts and the motor on the other two. by rights you should be using a motor contactor with motor overloads. those overloads are rated by the motor current.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =