Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring question for bathroom fan

With HayZee's help on my http://www.homerepairforum.com/forum...ead.php?t=4424 post, I was able to get my bathroom fan/light/heater wired. The only outstanding problem is that when power is restored to the circuit, the fan runs regardless of its switch position.

I ran the hot line to a junction box for the two lines to the bathroom fan -- one for the heater element and another for the light and fan. The other line was then run to the switch. Both the heater element and light work as expected from the switch but I can't figure out where I went wrong with the fan. I double checked the wiring at the switch and at the fan and as far as I can tell, things look okay but I guess it goes to show you what I know because it's clearly not! :-)

Where do you guy think the problem is (other than me) ;-)

Thanks,

Carlos

you made the boo-boo of running a hot to the fan and as it seems, used that to wire the fan circuit. the hot is supposed to run to the switch box in the wall, a three wire comes out of this box and goes to the fan, another 12 from the switchbox goes to the fan. the hot in the switchbox goes to the common terminal on the switch, the three loads come off the switch to the fan/light combo

Comment

Working...
    X
    =