Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Tub Electrical Problem, circuit breaker keeps tripping

Hello I just recently bought a new house that had a hot tub already installed. It hasn't been used in over a year I was told and had the power shut off for that much time and was allowed to get EXTREMELY dirty. I cleaned out the hot tub and filled it up. Turned the circuit break on and the tub began working as it should. It ran for about ten minutes perfectly jets lights the whole thing, then the circuit breaker tripped. Now if I try to turn the circuit breaker on at all, it immediately trips back, I am at a loss for what could be causing this, any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Need a bit more info first. Is there a 50 amp breaker in your main panel that feeds a small panel on your spa that has a 30 amp GFCI and a 20 amp breaker in it? Or is the main breaker in your panel that feeds the spa a GFCI?

If the 30 amp GFCI is tripping then this indicates a problem with the tub. First thing you should do is open the breaker for this circuit and remove the LOAD wires from the GFCI. Then close the breaker and try to reset the GFCI. If it resets then the problem is with the spa, if it doesn't reset then you need to replace the GFCI with a new one.

If it resets then I would lable all the connectors that attach to your spa pack housing, then disconnect them all and apply power. If no trip then shut off the power and one by one hook them up to find which item is causing the trip. I had an ozonator that would do this, your's may be something else.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =