Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electrical foot contact for light bulb

on a 3 light ceiling fan, there is 1 light that does not work. i can get the light to come on by gently moving the light bulb while it's secure in the fixture, but at it's normal resting place, the light will not work. i'm guessing this is because i do not have good contact between the light bulb and the fixture.

does anybody have any recommendations on how this can be fixed? i appreciate any assistance you may have.

thanks,
    dde

switch bulbs to make sure its not the bulb.with power off,check if light fixture is secure and light bulb housing is tight

Comment

lightbulb

Bobbopulaus makes a good point, sometimes the filament in a lightbulb will come loose. Moving the bulb will make the filament connect again and light up. This is especially true where a bulb may get some vibration, like a ceiling fan. If it is the bulb, spend the extra few cents to get the rough-service type bulbs.
      leone184

Comment

yes. make sure the power is off to the fan AND light. take a screwdriver and look into the socket. pry up the center contact a little bit. now look around the internal circumference of the socket. see if you can see any small screws. if you do then tighten these up. one of these screws fastens the shell to the white wire terminal.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =