Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonus Room

I have an unfinished bonus room that I would like to get ideas and tips on how to start getting it finished. It has electricity upstairs but it has no walls and does have unfinished floors. The hot water heater is upstairs so I would like to separate that part from the bonus room. What are the best ways to get started and what materials will I need?

Some basics.
    If a common wall where this room adjoins the main structure is greater than 50% open, the two rooms are considered as one, for the purpose of determining the required natural light and ventilation, IE., openable windows.

Upon entering any room, a means of energizing an illumination appliance must be within 6' of the entrance, regardless of the number of entrances.

Convenience recep. occur ever 12' around the room.

To be considered as habitable, there needs to be a source of comfort heating
    and if that is a fuel gas driven self contained unit, it must be properly vented with its source of combustion air supplied from the exterior.
    Illegitimas non-carborundum

Comment

materials and supplies

What is the best source of information that I can rely on when starting this project. Also what materials and supplies am I looking at buying for this project. Thanks!

Comment

Try posting a comprehensive description of the room and what your goals are.
        Illegitimas non-carborundum

Comment

Working...
        X
        =