Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Wiring Run

I am installing a new saftey light on the front of my garage and i need to know exactlly how to connect the power directly from the breaker box to the light.
    I have the lamp wired and installed I just need to make the connection on the breaker and put the switch in but I have never done that step and would like to make sure I don't blow up something, like myself.

Do you want have this light on a separate circuit? How many watts is this light, and what size wire did you run... 14/2 and ground, or 12/2 and ground. Do you have breakers or fuses on this panel? post back with info , Hube

Comment

I am running 12/2 w/ground. I am istalling the ligh on a seperate circut into a breaker box. No fuses.
      It is I think a 150 watt lamp.

Comment

Mark. Your best to obtain a GFCI breaker for this circuit. Make sure the main power to the panel is SHUT OFF . Remove the panel face, find an unused space for the breaker. strip the insulation on your new wire ,exposing the blk-wh-grnd. "Knock" out cable opening on side of panel and attach connector. Insert wiring and connect grnd and wht. wires to their respective Terminals. Connect the HOT blk to the new breaker terminal. Attach Breaker to bus bars. Make sure wire is run neatly (like the existing ones) Install panel cover, turn on power. Good luck, Hube

Comment

Working...
        X
        =