Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just plain baffled

OK, For anyone out there that can help, or for anyone out there that wants a good mystery, listen to my situation. My fiance and I bought our first house and it needed lots of work. We've been doing that work for the past 2 months now, and have still not moved in. Today I get home and we have no power in the house. I check the breakers, and nothing.... everything is good. I'm walking through the house and notice that the microwave is on, as well as a carbon monoxide meter plugged into a kitchen outlet....hmmm. At this point I'm stumped and call a friend of the family that is an electrician. This guy is 65 and has been around a long time, so I figured he'd know exactly what was going on. He checks the breakers, and all the wires are hot, so there is power going to the box, and power to all the breakers. He says he's never seen this before, 3/4 of a house going out. He thinks we might have lost a neutral somewhere, but isn't too sure. He's going to come back tomorrow and work on it during the day. Anyone out there have any idea what the heck is going on here. The only thing I've done to the electrical is put a GFI outlet, and change out a few light fixtures. Everything has been working fine for weeks. PLEASE HELP

Desperate to Move in
    Last edited by mazarate; 01-10-2007, 11:09 PM.

you said it yourself - lost neutral - back track your fixture work and that gfi. I'm sure the problem lies there.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =